Monday, March 16, 2020

Imperfect Perfection


Acts 3: 17 “Yet now, brethren, I know that you did it in ignorance, as did also your rulers. 18 But those things which God foretold by the mouth of all His prophets, that the Christ would suffer, He has thus fulfilled. 19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20 and that He may send Jesus Christ, who was preached to you before, 21 whom heaven must receive until the times of restoration of all things, which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. 

============

“Say you are sorry” the angry neighbor said to me and a sibling. The two choices that popped into my mind were to laugh at the statement, or to just say it and get it over with. I decided to do both. “I’m sorry, ha, ha, ha.” I said.. She knew I did not mean it. “I’m telling your parents.”

  • There were times when I was forced to say, “I’m sorry” but I did not mean it.
  • There were times when I was told to say “I’m sorry” but nothing was at stake for saying it.
  • There were times when I was disciplined into saying “I’m sorry” but it only made me resentful.


Peter explains that the crowd was misled by the church leaders for killing JESUS. Now that JESUS is alive they should apologize for what they did. But this apology needs to be permanent, otherwise it will not be heard.

  • JESUS wants me to admit I need a savior from being a sinner.
  • JESUS wants me to believe HE is the only way to salvation.
  • JESUS wants me to confess my sins so HE will be faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me of all unrighteousness, past, present and future.


Following JESUS does not mean I will never sin. I will do something “out of ignorance” or blatantly out of selfishness. BUT GOD saw all of my sins and “blotted them out” of HIS record. JESUS will be sent once again, but this time HE will come to bring back only those who believe in HIM. I am glad I do not have to be perfect because HE made me perfect in HIS eyes.

  • Do you feel like you are making mistakes over and over?
  • Does you have a sense of purpose that is not exclusionary or hateful?
  • Will you surrender your strong will and believe that JESUS is the only being who can love you just as you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment