Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Hearing Test


Hearing Test
Acts 3: 22 For Moses truly said to the fathers, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear in all things, whatever He says to you. 23 And it shall be that every soul who will not hear that Prophet shall be utterly destroyed from among the people.’ 24 Yes, and all the prophets, from Samuel and those who follow, as many as have spoken, have also foretold these days. 25 You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, ‘And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be blessed.’ 26 To you first, God, having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities.”

============

Hearing aids were huge contraptions I was scared of getting when I heard we had to take a hearing test. What if I can’t hear? I said to myself. Nervously I slipped on the headphones and heard sounds, raising my hand at the faintest noise. I passed. But when I got in trouble and someone called my name, I ignored it. “Do you hear me calling you?” They said.

  • There were times when I did not want to hear what others were saying.
  • There were times when I tuned people out who were “on my nerves.”
  • There were times when I listened to the information but was thinking about something else.


Peter spoke about Moses, Samuel and Abraham regarding prophecies they said about JESUS. “HIM you shall hear in all things, whatever HE says to you” was a statement to those who listened to JESUS. But those who did not listen would be destroyed.

  • GOD tells me of HIS promise to save me from destruction.
  • GOD tells me of HIS promise to protect me from eternal death.
  • GOD tells me of HIS promise to hold onto me so the evil one cannot get me out of HIS hand.


Not listening to the fact that JESUS became a human, died for the sins of mankind, and was raised from the dead, is what sends a person to an eternal separation from GOD in a place of eternal increasing torment. GOD made it easy to believe, yet there will be some who chose not to.

GOD gave everyone free will to choose HIM. This is the only scenario where love can exist. I can choose to be with my loving GOD, who cares for me in every way, or not to. I choose JESUS as my Savior and I am grateful for HIS protection.

  • Are you wrestling with how JESUS is GOD and became a human who died and was raised?
  • Do you think there is no need to be saved from anything?
  • Will you consider “love” as the reason GOD did all of this specifically for you?
  • When human love has and will fail you, will you accept GOD’s everlasting love though CHRIST our Savior today?


No comments:

Post a Comment