Thursday, March 26, 2020

Great Grace


Acts 4: 32 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. 34 Nor was there anyone among them who lacked; for all who were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of the things that were sold, 35 and laid them at the apostles’ feet; and they distributed to each as anyone had need.

36 And Joses, who was also named Barnabas by the apostles (which is translated Son of Encouragement), a Levite of the country of Cyprus, 37 having land, sold it, and brought the money and laid it at the apostles’ feet.

============

Getting into the light, I could see that my tie was not matching. It was too late as I rushed to get to work. Unfortunately the traffic was thick that particular day. With stuffy nose, I went to the office medicine cabinet and took a decongestant so I could focus on the meeting.

In the middle of the meeting, my nose started bleeding. I had to excuse myself. “Could this day get any worse?” I said to myself. When I returned, the person who I met with said, “”Relax, the world is not falling apart as you may think. Let’s do this again later.”

  • There have been many times I have messed up and received grace.
  • There have been many times I have not had myself together and received grace.
  • There have been many times I have not done the right things, been at the right places or said the right words and received grace.


The apostles preached about JESUS with “great power.” I can only imagine the excitement in their voices. Every detail they could remember was recorded in the minds of those who believed. They too became so excited they wanted to do something for those in need. Selfishness was thrown away and replaced with something else.

  • GOD wants me to replace my selfishness with a desire to be generous.
  • GOD wants me to trade in my fear of self-preservation and help other people.
  • GOD wants me to remove my focus on just “me” and include “us” in the equation.


What is interesting is the progression that took place. Genuine preaching about JESUS excited the crowd to give directly to those in need in the community. From there, “great grace” followed. Their hearts were so full, they did not care about getting more, rather seeing the community flourish in time of need. I am grateful for GOD’s great grace HE has poured out on me.

  • Are you in need of GOD’s great grace?
  • Have you messed up in a huge way and think you are beyond grace?
  • Will you look to GOD who’s grace is greater than any sin you could have done?
  • Will you believe in JESUS who has the greatest grace just for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment