Friday, March 20, 2020

Name Dropping


Acts 4: 13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus. 14 And seeing the man who had been healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it. 15 But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the council, they conferred among themselves, 16 saying, “What shall we do to these men? For, indeed, that a notable miracle has been done through them is evident to all who dwell in Jerusalem, and we cannot deny it. 17 But so that it spreads no further among the people, let us severely threaten them, that from now on they speak to no man in this name.”

============

“Tell them I said you can do this” a prominent person said to me. I went in to the meeting and pitched my idea. Most people agreed, but there were a few well respected people in the meeting who looked like they did not. When I used the prominent person’s name stating their agreement, even the naysayers changed their minds. “Why didn’t you say their name in the first place” they said to me.

  • When I use a person’s name to get something I am using their reputation.
  • When I use a person’s name to invoke a response I am believing in their power to uphold what is said.
  • When I use a person’s name to show credibility I am working within their authority to do so.


Peter and John confounded the church leaders with their bold way of speaking. They healed a lame man using JESUS’ name in front of everyone. The church leaders saw their popularity slipping away so they did as they did before with JESUS. They plotted against them.

  • GOD wants me to align my heart with HIS when I use JESUS’ name.
  • GOD wants me to truly believe in HIS power when I use JESUS’ name.
  • GOD wants me to assess the situation and be led by the HOLY SPIRIT when I use JESUS’ name.


Using JESUS’ name should not be done lightly. I mean it’s not something that should be tried as a last resort, rather as a first level of defense to them who put their faith in HIM. JESUS’ name represents power beyond understanding. But it also represents grace, mercy and a surrendered life.

GOD wants every human to believe in HIS SON. This is HIS only goal. Anyone who loves, in HIS name, will be rewarded dearly. I am grateful the HOLY SPIRIT guides me to align my desires so I can represent HIS name.

  • Are you using JESUS’ name and not seeing results?
  • Have you prayed for something without surrendering your life to JESUS?
  • Will you align your desires with JESUS and stop trying to get your way, but trust HIS will be done?


No comments:

Post a Comment