Monday, March 30, 2020

Unfortunate Unity


Acts 5: Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him.

Now it was about three hours later when his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. And Peter answered her, “Tell me whether you sold the land for so much?”
She said, “Yes, for so much.”

Then Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Look, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” 10 Then immediately she fell down at his feet and breathed her last. And the young men came in and found her dead, and carrying her out, buried her by her husband. 11 So great fear came upon all the church and upon all who heard these things.

============

When pledging to get into an organization, we all agreed to lie and steal on a number of occasions. I mean it was only for a short time. I could do and say what I wanted to as long as I was with the group. I fit in and we made it into the organization. In one meeting, we discovered money was missing. “How could this happen?” we all exclaimed.

  • There were times when I showed unity but it was missing something.
  • There were times when I showed unity but the actions were not above the level.
  • There were times when I showed unity but I did not want to tell everyone why I was unified.


Ananias and Sapphira sold their land like everyone else, but held some money back for themselves and made it look they gave their all. This pledge ended up being a deadly vow they did not have to make. While they showed unity in their marriage, it was missing one key ingredient, namely GOD.

  • GOD wants me to have unity in HIS word.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIM first before anything else.
  • GOD wants me to make attempts to unify under HIM so all efforts will be blessed.


Unity is extremely important to GOD. When two or more people vow to stand for what GOD stands for, incredible things happen. Unfortunately when people act on their own, avoiding GOD’s unity, their promises are not heard and prayers end up falling by the wayside.

GOD wants belief in HIS SON to be unified by HIS followers. HIS power, HIS name and HIS position as GOD are all to be lifted to the highest reverence. Even if one person does not have as much faith as another, unity kicks in when by accepting the statement “I believe but LORD help the part of me that does not believe.” I am glad unity is possible through CHRIST.

  • Are you right in a group but wrong in the eyes of GOD?
  • Do you believe your efforts are unifying or divisive?
  • Will you look to unify all your efforts under the way GOD says versus your solo actions so true success can blossom today?

No comments:

Post a Comment