Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Motivated


Motivated
Acts 2: 34 “For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself:

‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’

36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

============

“Thank you” were the words I said at lunch. For years I had no idea this person was watching over me. They cleared up misconceptions. Stuck their neck out just for me. This gave me great motivation to serve the living GOD whom they served.

  • Many times I have heard things that motivated me to do something.
  • Many times I have listened to someone speak with passion and was motivated to act.
  • Many times I have been responsive to someone’s acts of love towards me.


After Peter’s passionate plea, the crowd was “cut to the heart” at their actions. They may not have physically killed JESUS, but they may have been in agreement that HE should die. When they heard HE was alive, they were motivated to ask “What should we do?”

  • GOD wants me to apologize for my sins.
  • GOD wants me to outwardly show those around me that I belong to JESUS by getting baptized.
  • GOD wants me to receive the HOLY SPIRIT as a gift I do not deserve.


“Sit at MY right hand” means let “ME” do all the work. JESUS has the power and authority to face any demonic situation that may arise. Though the situation may hurt, HE still is in control. HE wants me to surrender my life to HIM so HE can guide those HE chooses back to HIM. I owe my life to JESUS.

  • What motivates you?
  • Do you secretly want the spotlight without the consequence of desiring it?
  • Will you add surrender to your life so JESUS can reach your heart today?

No comments:

Post a Comment