Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Boldness


Acts 4: 27 “For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together 28 to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose determined before to be done. 29 Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.”

31 And when they had prayed, the place where they were assembled together was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness.

============

Tired of being bullied, we decided to walk out. Thugs had robbed us long enough and threatened our safety once too often. One acquaintance got a little too excited when all of the students got outside. He jumped on a car and began bouncing on the hood. The police grabbed him. I and others went to the station to explain what happened.

  • When I feel empowered I act bold.
  • When I feel protected I act bold.
  • When I feel I have nothing to lose I act bold.


Peter, John and those who repented, for believing JESUS should have been executed, were now praising GOD and praying to HIM earnestly. They had been threatened once too often and had to do something about it. They asked GOD for boldness to speak up about JESUS even though the government and church leaders would persecute them.

  • GOD wants me to be bold about HIM.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for boldness.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM for healing, knowing it only comes from HIM.


Boldness means speaking up even when the situation may have negative consequences. Boldness for CHRIST means living for HIM even when others try their best to prove away HIS daily power by labeling it as something else.

One can speak only what is in one’s heart. If GOD is not there, then of course HIS name will never be mentioned. BUT GOD wants my heart to be “Filled with the HOLY SPIRIT” so I can speak boldly about JESUS, the CHRIST who saves all who believe. I am grateful for JESUS.

  • How often do you argue against speaking about JESUS?
  • Do you feel HIS name should never be mentioned?
  • Do you think your conversations, thoughts and actions are pleasing to GOD?
  • Will you stop being a tool against GOD and speak up for HIM today by mentioning JESUS’ name with boldness?


No comments:

Post a Comment