Monday, March 2, 2020

Devout Contrast


Acts 2:And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven. And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language. Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, “Look, are not all these who speak Galileans? And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born? Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretans and Arabs—we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God.” 12 So they were all amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “Whatever could this mean?”

13 Others mocking said, “They are full of new wine.”

============

Not as vested, I blew off another class. I mean the prior classes were boring and gave no vital information, or so I thought. When I decided to go to class, there was a pop quiz on what was discussed in the class I missed. I failed miserably.

  • There have been times when I was not dedicated to what I was doing.
  • There have been times when I decided not to listen to what was being said.
  • There have been times when I have been present physically, but my mind was somewhere else.


People devoted to GOD from every nation, gathered in Jerusalem. Perhaps the news of JESUS healing the sick and performing other miracles brought them there. GOD spoke to those who were devoted to HIM and to those who were not. Only the devoted could hear the marvelous works of GOD. Others made fun of what they could not understand.

  • GOD wants my devotion so I can hear HIM.
  • GOD is excited to speak to me as long as I am willing to listen.
  • GOD speaks to me with purpose in mind.


When GOD speaks, it is special. HE wants every nation to be saved and has plenty to say about this. Unfortunately when I am not devoted, I cannot hear what HE has to say. My worries and my concerns block out HIS message of purpose. BUT GOD still speaks every day. HE never gives up. I am glad HE cares for me and comes after me daily.

  • Are you hearing GOD but are not listening?
  • Do you mock those who hear from GOD?
  • Will you stop trying to make GOD speak the way “you” want to hear HIM and devote yourself to HIM so you can hear what HE has to say?


No comments:

Post a Comment