Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Gladly Received


Acts 2: 40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.” 41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.

46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.

============

“Finally!” I said to myself. After this particular leadership class, I got it. I didn’t know if it was the right mix of instructors, or the information or whether I could simply hear the information, but something clicked that I took to heart. Afterwards I was promoted five times.

  • When I hear good news I get excited.
  • When I hear good news I take it to heart.
  • When I hear good news I gladly receive it and take action.


Peter preached to church goers who were led astray by leaders who had their heart set on greed and power. He urged them to “Be saved from this perverse generation” turning them to eh One who truly saves, namely JESUS. They gladly received his message and acted on it.

  • GOD wants me to gladly receive HIS message.
  • GOD wants me to desire HIS ways.
  • GOD wants me to accept the need for salvation so I can tell others about the great news of JESUS.


Heartfelt words are gladly received. Unfortunately some words can come from places opposing GOD. A heart that needs attention or wants something that GOD says “No” to, may choose to go their own way. BUT GOD loves hearts that gladly receive HIS message. HE enables true power and enables gladness and simplicity  of the heart. I am grateful GOD give me joy.

  • Are you seeking happiness and think you will find it with superficial relationships?
  • Do you think the void in your life can be filled with various philosophies?
  • Will you remove yourself out of your own way and accept GOD’s love so HE can fill your heart today?


No comments:

Post a Comment