Thursday, March 12, 2020

What I do have I give you


Acts 3: Now Peter and John went up together to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour. And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms from those who entered the temple; who, seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple, asked for alms. And fixing his eyes on him, with John, Peter said, “Look at us.” So he gave them his attention, expecting to receive something from them. Then Peter said, “Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.” And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them—walking, leaping, and praising God. And all the people saw him walking and praising God. 10 Then they knew that it was he who sat begging alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him.

============

Desiring superpowers, I grabbed a towel and shoved one end in the back of my shirt as a cape. Holding my arms out in front of me, I circled the yard as if I were flying. I was invincible! Later, when I fell and skinned my knee, I went in the house crying.

  • There were times when I wanted to feel special.
  • There were times when I desired to be stronger.
  • There were times when I wished I could be something more than what I was.


Peter had experienced GOD’s mighty power in his life on several occasions. He just witnessed tongues of fire and preached so boldly that thousands people believed. He was so filled with excitement that he told a lame man to walk and GOD healed him. This was done so others can see and believe in GOD.

  • GOD wants me to be excited about HIM so HE can use me.
  • GOD wants me to be ready to be used by HIM at a moment’s notice.
  • GOD wants me to want others to see HIM, and not see me.


Wanting to perform miracles is nice, BUT GOD wants me to want the miracle to happen, whether through me or if GOD chooses to do it without a person. The goal of miracles is not to make a human feel special. GOD needs to be praised for that is where the power comes form.

Miracles cannot happen with half-belief. Peter had to be restored by JESUS and even then GOD had to show him that the power comes from HIM. Some people cry out things in the “name of JESUS” and nothing happens. GOD works through those who are fully restored. I am grateful GOD restores me.

  • Are you calling on JESUS to heal and nothing is happening?
  • Do you believe in GOD fully to restore you and that person to being whole?
  • If you know you have a part of you that does not believe, then will you give the small part that does to someone today?


No comments:

Post a Comment