Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Great Report


Acts 4: 23 And being let go, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24 So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord and said: “Lord, You are God, who made heaven and earth and the sea, and all that is in them, 25 who by the mouth of Your servant David have said:

‘Why did the nations rage,
And the people plot vain things?
26 The kings of the earth took their stand,

And the rulers were gathered together
Against the Lord and against His Christ.’

============

Excited that I got a good grade in a class, I ran back to tell everyone! I ran up the steps to my floor and ran down the hall. Not watching my footing, I slipped and fell hard with my arm extended as if I were going to catch a ball. Nothing was broken, I had to wear a sling for a few weeks. When people asked me what happened, I told them about my good grade!

  • When something good happens I want to tell everyone.
  • When something good happens I want to shout about it.
  • When something good happens I want to raise my voice no matter who is around.


Great things were happening to the growing group who followed JESUS. Peter and John came back from being threatened by the church leaders and told the crowd what happened. When everyone heard, they screamed and shouted with praise!

  • GOD wants me to mention the great things HE has done in my life.
  • GOD wants me to be excited about what HE is doing right now in my life.
  • GOD wants me to focus on what HE is doing so I can give a great report to someone who needs to hear it.


GOD spoke through David saying “Why did the rulers of the earth stand against our LORD?” I mean even death could not hold HIM. This is great news to share with those who can hear it. GOD wants me to mention salvation in the face of death and destruction.

Mentioning a great report uplifts those who are down. Unfortunately many conversations are not about JESUS or HIS salvation. Each negative word mentioned is a step further away from HIM. Soon the speaker cannot hear or even mention HIS true name. BUT GOD is the remedy. HE provides a way back to HIM by HIS grace. I am grateful HE accepts me back. HE is great!

  • What words are you prominently speaking?
  • Do you speak great news or negative news in difficult times?
  • Will you turn to GOD and allow HIM to fill you with great news that is overflowing from your heart so you cannot help but to tell everyone today?


No comments:

Post a Comment