Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Understanding Power


Acts 5: 12 And through the hands of the apostles many signs and wonders were done among the people. And they were all with one accord in Solomon’s Porch. 13 Yet none of the rest dared join them, but the people esteemed them highly. 14 And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women, 15 so that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them. 16 Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

============

“Don’t worry. I have your back” one leader told me. Not knowing how the system worked, I still wondered if I was going to get what I wanted. I acted extra “leader-ish.” Days seemed like weeks but the announcement finally came out. I was the new leader. When I saw how powerful the person was who got me the position, I wanted to bring more people to them for promotions and guidance.

  • There were times when I did not understand power.
  • There were times when I saw power in action.
  • There were times when I wanted the power I saw.


Many signs and wonders were performed by the apostles. After a while the people started holding them in “high esteem.” They knew something special was going on and they brought the sick and those who were oppressed by demons. The people believed and all were healed.

  • GOD wants me to see HIM as the only source of power.
  • GOD wants me to understand that all power comes from HIM.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that every request has to go before HIS throne for permission.


Recognizing where true power comes from is a big problem. I mean I used to look at humans with titles, thinking they had power to oppress or help many people. BUT GOD opened my eyes to HIS unmatched power, showing me that there is nothing that is done without HIS permission.

This understanding made me dig a little deeper into a question. “Why do bad things happen?” GOD told humans the answer, but we fail to believe HIM. HE said He threw Satan out of heaven to this earth. When humans sinned, GOD cursed the earth and our relationship with HIM was broken. BUT GOD made a way back to HIM through JESUS. I recognize HIS power and accept it.

  • Are you placing all of your belief in humans?
  • Do you spend most of your time watching people with titles and degrees, placing your hope only in them?
  • Will you turn to GOD and place your total hope in HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment