Monday, March 9, 2020

Kept Promises


Acts 2: 29 “Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

============

“What are you doing?” a person asked me. “I wanted to be sure I was the one, so I started asking questions” I replied. Disappointed, they replied to me, “Because you asked questions prematurely, it showed you may not be ready for this leadership position.” The offer was rescinded.

  • When I was insecure I did not believe the promise.
  • When I was full of doubt I questioned the promise.
  • When I was in disbelief I ruined the promise.


A Messiah who would save the world had been mentioned for thousands of years. King David explained that THE CHRIST would be raised from the dead. JESUS was and is THE CHRIST who David spoke about. JESUS fulfilled the scripture and kept the promise.

  • GOD said to me “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
  • GOD said to me “I will lead you beside still waters and restore your soul.”
  • GOD said to me “I love you and will give you treasure in heaven.”


GOD promises HE will give peace, abundant life, wipe away all tears and provide a place where there will be no sickness or pain. HE has kept every promise ever written about HIM and HE will never stop keeping HIS promises. I am grateful HE promised that no one can snatch me from HIS hand.

  • Are you doubting GOD?
  • Can you see that you doubts are the basis of your disbelief?
  • Will you look at all the promises JESUS has kept and believe HE has a promise for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment