Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Caught in the Middle

 

Caught in the Middle

Romans 6: 17 But thanks be to God! For though at one time you were slaves to sin, you have obeyed with all your heart the truths found in the teaching you received. 18 You were set free from sin and became the slaves of righteousness. 19 (I use everyday language because of the weakness of your natural selves.) At one time you surrendered yourselves entirely as slaves to impurity and wickedness for wicked purposes. In the same way you must now surrender yourselves entirely as slaves of righteousness for holy purposes.

 

============

 

“Yes” I said emphatically to one person who had a very strong opinion. I was neutral, but wanted to make her feel better by agreeing. A person with an opposing opinion asked me to agree with opposite side of the argument. I said “Yes” emphatically, wanting to treat him the same. One day they both tried to drag me into their argument. I was in the middle of a mess.

 

There have been times when I tried to live in the middle.

There have been times when I wanted to have the best of two opposing worlds.

There have been times when I dabbled in some good things and some not so good things.

 

Paul thanks GOD for those who have chosen to listen to the teaching of the Way of JESUS. He then gave a choice. Either keep serving sin or start serving GOD for HIS purpose. There was no middle ground presented.

 

GOD wants me to choose HIM or not.

GOD wants me to seek HIM or not.

GOD wants me to be with HIM or not.

 

Lukewarm belief in GOD disgusts HIM. HE said “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other!” Trying to straddle the fence between being sinful and righteous is impossible in GOD’s eyes.

 

I mean, HE can help those who are disappointed with HIM because someone misrepresented HIS love and abused people, turning them against HIM. HE can also protect those who are totally for HIM, fighting along side HIM daily. HE detests those who try to justify sin and be try to be “good.” I am glad JESUS is the only one who is good and saved me anyway. I choose HIM.

 

Are you picking and choosing parts of the Bible to believe in?

Do you find some of GOD’s rules seem to be “unfair” so you refuse to follow them?

Will you surrender trying to live your life in the middle, in between sin and GOD, so you can be used for HIS purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment