Friday, February 12, 2021

Chained to the Rock

 

Chained to the Rock

Romans 7: Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

 

============

 

Looking outside, I could see a warm inviting setting. Butterflies flapping and birds chirping made me want to be out there. But I was stuck in class. “When I grow up, I’ll be able to go outside when I want to.” I said to myself. I grew up and started working. “When I grow up, I will retire and go outside” I said to myself, looking out the window again.

 

  • There have been many times I just wanted to be free.
  • There have been many times I felt imprisoned.
  • There have been many times I wanted to do as I pleased, but was bound by something.

 

Paul tries to explain what the Law does, to a male dominated group of religious leaders who knew it well. His example was a married woman being “bound” by the Law to not have sexual relations with any other man while the husband is still alive. But she is released from the Law of marriage if her husband dies.

 

  • GOD wants me to know that when HE cursed the earth, all humans were “bound” to the Law.
  • GOD wants me to understand that when the first human sinned, it caused me to be guilty of all sins written in the Law.
  • GOD wants me to know that while I am alive, I have to be “bound” to something, otherwise I would be as wild as my sinful heart wants to be.

 

All humans are chained to the rock of the Law. GOD placed the Law in every human’s heart, giving me no excuse for not knowing. I am guilty as charged. How can I be freed from the guilt that wasn’t even caused by me? JESUS freed me from the death sentence the Law brings.

 

I am free to do as I please. But my heart is still sinful. GOD made it easy. Just believe in JESUS and HE will clean my heart and I can live to please HIM. I am grateful JESUS set me free.

 

  • Are you looking for a better life?
  • Do you think that if you got that car, house, job or mate, that your life would be “better?”
  • Will you stop looking for happiness in things or people and invite JESUS into your heart so HE can clean it and focus you on the purpose HE made you for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment