Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Daydreaming

 

Daydreaming

Romans 8: Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

 

============

 

Hearing the conversation about cars made me know I was in the wrong league. One guy had just bought a car worth more than my house. After the conversation I was content to drive away in my rusty car. But later, I sat at my desk wondering how I could make more money. Maybe I should day trade or invest. I started dreaming of wealth more and more.

 

  • Many times I put my mind on what I desired.
  • Many times I sat with my mind fixed on what was in my heart.
  • Many times I pondered how “good” life would be if I would just have…

 

Paul explains an enemy that is not the devil rather the mind. Though Satan caused humanity to ultimately fall and desire sin, humans still have a choice. Paul explains that choice. Those who live with their minds fixed on any lust cannot have their minds on things that please GOD.

 

  • GOD wants me to seek HIS ways daily.
  • GOD wants me to know my weaknesses and give them to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to ask HIM to guide my thoughts, for only HE knows my heart.

 

Without GOD, all dreams are worthless. I mean, any dream I have should include what GOD wants, otherwise I will find myself in a losing fight against GOD. If I really want that material thing and do not get it, I pout at GOD and question HIS existence.

 

GOD hates when I back HIM in a corner and question HIS love that HE so generously gave to me. BUT HE is patient enough to guide me back to HIM and to allow me to pray for daily forgiveness. HE sets my mind on HIS people who need HIS SON for HIS salvation. I am grateful GOD intervenes in my mind.

 

  • What are you worried about?
  • What do you dream about most of the day?
  • Will you ask GOD to set your mind on what HE wants rather than trying to get your desires fulfilled today?

No comments:

Post a Comment