Monday, February 8, 2021

Growing Up

 

Growing Up

Romans 6: 12 Sin must no longer rule in your mortal bodies, so that you obey the desires of your natural self. 13 Nor must you surrender any part of yourselves to sin to be used for wicked purposes. Instead, give yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life, and surrender your whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes. 14 Sin must not be your master; for you do not live under law but under God's grace.

 

============

 

“Oh, grow up!” were the insulting words hurled at me. “How dare she!” I thought. I blew off her statement because she was mean and crabby anyway. I was simply complaining and wanted someone to hear my complaint. After hearing her unexpected reaction, I wanted to complain about that too.

 

  • When I was a child I spoke like a child.
  • When I was a child I justified my sinful actions.
  • When I was a child I had a lot to say about everyone else, and little to say about my flaws.

 

Paul appeals to every reader to give up sin and give the entirety of life to GOD. He then explains, that GOD did an incredible thing for humans so we should acknowledge what HE did and act like HE wants us to.

 

  • GOD wants me to examine my sinful self, daily.
  • GOD wants me to acknowledge I need HIM to guide me and correct me daily.
  • GOD wants me to grow up little by little, making decisions that would please HIM instead of feeding my sin.

 

Growing up means taking responsibility. Blaming GOD for HIS righteousness will not cut it when I stand before HIM. One day I will need to account for my sins. I will have no excuse. The only reply I will have to GOD is “I believe in YOUR SON who took away that sin and that one and that one.” HIS reply will be “Well done MY faithful servant.” I am please to surrender to JESUS.

 

  • Are you acting like a child, trying to hold onto a life you think you are in control of?
  • Do complaints roll off your lips more than praise?
  • Will you examine yourself and ask GOD to help you let go of your sin, little by little so HE can use you for HIS purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment