Thursday, February 11, 2021

Out of Sight Out of Mind

 

Out of Sight Out of Mind

Romans 6: 20 When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the obligation to do right. 21 And what was the result? You are now ashamed of the things you used to do, things that end in eternal doom. 22 But now you are free from the power of sin and have become slaves of God. Now you do those things that lead to holiness and result in eternal life. 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

 

============

 

Dirty underwear, toys and stuff I found outside were shoved under my bed. The directive was to “clean my room.” I cleaned the room in record time. I knocked everything onto the floor, pushed it under the bed and sat down with a grin. As long as no one looked under the bed, I would never be suspected of being a slob.

 

  • Many times I have hidden things I was ashamed of.
  • Many times I shoved what I was ashamed of, into hidden places.
  • Many times I hid the garbage to have the appearance of looking clean.

 

Paul explains that we are no longer slaves to sin. He tries to reason with everyone about the temporary nature of sin. It brings on pleasure for a moment, but causes people to do things that remain hidden. If the thing was so “good” then why not say it to everyone? Paul then provides the right way, namely to do those things that lead to holiness.

 

  • GOD wants me to step out of the dark, hidden places and show HIS light.
  • GOD wants me to do things that I am not ashamed of.
  • GOD wants me to be bold enough to accept HIS free gift of love which is eternal life through CHRIST JESUS our LORD.

 

Shame causes me to seek more shame. I may even find a group of people who accept the shameful things I do so I can feel “good” about myself. BUT GOD wants something different.

 

Instead of seeking destruction, covering it up and pretending everything is fine, GOD wants me to seek HIS path which leads to HIS holiness and HIS eternal life. Giving up sin is sometimes hard, especially when I practice hiding it. BUT GOD helps me by providing courage to express my sin, little by little. I am grateful for JESUS who freed me from my path to death.

 

  • What are you shoving under your bed?
  • Do you pretend to be “good” or do you seek a crowd that will accept what you do?
  • Will you seek what GOD wants for you so HE can guide you to an abundant everlasting life?

No comments:

Post a Comment