Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Feeling Better Afterwards

 

Feeling Better Afterwards

Romans 6: 15 What, then? Shall we sin, because we are not under law but under God's grace? By no means! 16 Surely you know that when you surrender yourselves as slaves to obey someone, you are in fact the slaves of the master you obey—either of sin, which results in death, or of obedience, which results in being put right with God.

 

============

 

“Ugh! It’s raining outside” I groused to myself. I had a long day and I felt a bit tired. But it was time to go exercise. This meant leaving comfortable surroundings to do something hard. I quickly put aside the complaint and went to the gym. I felt better for going and it stopped raining when I got out.

 

  • Many times I felt better by doing what I was supposed to do.
  • Many times I felt better by sticking to the plan.
  • Many times I felt better by avoiding the negative words that would have stopped me from doing what I was supposed to do.

 

Paul asks a rhetorical question. “Shall we sin, because we are not under law but under GOD’s grace?” He then answers “By no means!” He then shows a decision that has to be made. Either obey sin leading to death or obey GOD, leading to life.

 

  • GOD wants me to obey HIS ways.
  • GOD wants me to allow HIM to guide my actions.
  • GOD wants me to listen to HIM, even when HE says “No” or “wait.”

 

When I sin I feel good for a moment, but feel worse afterwards. I mean, the guilt of the sin surfaces and I when look for relief from the guilt, it is nowhere to be found. BUT GOD provides another way.

 

When I struggle through and stop listening to the sin that knocks on my door daily, or hourly, I feel better. Then, when something goes “wrong” in my life, my conscience is clear and I can see GOD grace in the storm “with me” rather than wondering if it is HIM punishing me. I am glad GOD gets excited when I obey HIM.

 

  • Is GOD trying to tell you something, but you are not being obedient?
  • Is your hidden sin causing problems all around you, yet you are too scared or proud to confess?
  • Will you stop choosing sin as your comfortable place and be uncomfortable with a clear conscience by following what GOD wants you to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment