Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Only One Needed

 

Only One Needed

Romans 5: 18 So then, as the one sin condemned all people, in the same way the one righteous act sets all people free and gives them life. 19 And just as all people were made sinners as the result of the disobedience of one man, in the same way they will all be put right with God as the result of the obedience of the one man.

 

20 Law was introduced in order to increase wrongdoing; but where sin increased, God's grace increased much more. 21 So then, just as sin ruled by means of death, so also God's grace rules by means of righteousness, leading us to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

 

============

 

Wanting results quickly, I went to the store to find something to make a plant grow faster. I found what I was looking for. The directions said “Use only one tablet.” I did this but did not see the results in the time I wanted, so I added another one. A little while later the plant started growing then it died. I read the directions and it said this would happen.

 

  • There have been times when I did not trust the directions.
  • There have been times when I did not believe I only needed one.
  • There have been times when I did not think the number one could be so powerful.

 

Paul explains that eternal death was introduced by one man committing one sin. That’s powerful. From birth, each person desires to sin. No exception. BUT GOD had another plan.

 

  • GOD committed a single act of love to save me.
  • GOD sent one being to die in my place.
  • GOD loved me so much that HE gave HIS one and only SON to die, just for me.

 

This one act of love cost so much. I mean, JESUS gave up everything just to save me. HE showed ultimate compassion with one single act of love, namely HIS death. But the story does not stop there. JESUS was raised from the dead and placed over everything. All authority has been given to JESUS. I am glad ONE is all I need.

 

  • Do you think GOD needs your money or for you to be “good” in order to be accepted by HIM?
  • Are you looking at a life of sin, thinking you could never be forgiven?
  • Will you stop doubting what JESUS did and simply believe HE took care of all your sins so you can enjoy a relationship with the ONE who loves you dearly?

No comments:

Post a Comment