Monday, February 1, 2021

Bad Introduction

 

Bad Introduction

Romans 5: 12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—

 

13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law. 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.

 

============

 

“Go ahead, try it”, were the words of the dare. I had not used a “curse” word in my life and I was dared to do so. I said the word and received laughter. I then tried all kinds of “curse” words and soon they were part of my normal language. What’s the big deal? I fit in.

 

  • There was a time when I wanted to fit in.
  • There was a time when I would follow what the crowd did.
  • There was a time when I did the wrong thing and felt part of the crowd.

 

Paul mentions the beginning of sin through Adam. His sin was disobeying GOD by eating from the one tree he was told to stay away from. Satan tempted Adam into eating the fruit, twisting GOD’s command.

 

What’s the big deal? Adam fell for the temptation and death was introduced to humans. All humans now deserved to be separated from GOD because of one simple act that did not seem to be a big deal.

 

  • GOD knew sin was introduced to me before I was born.
  • GOD knew I would choose sin over HIM because everyone around me are sinners too.
  • GOD knew HE had the only remedy to my sin, namely HE had to die just for me.

 

It’s not fair, one would say. I mean, everyone has to go to hell just because of one person? Yes. BUT GOD wasn’t having it. JESUS, being GOD, volunteered to take on the punishment HE decreed. Anyone who sins deserves death, no matter how small the sin.

 

This, seemingly extreme, sentence was overcome by JESUS. “I’ll die for everyone”, HE volunteered. JESUS enabled me to not suffer for eternity.  I am truly grateful HE broke the pattern of death for me.

 

  • Are you excusing what you are doing because everyone else is doing it?
  • Have you or others declared you as “good?”
  • Will you look to JESUS as the only one who is good and seek HIM for salvation and guidance today?

No comments:

Post a Comment