Friday, February 26, 2021

Eager Longing

 

Eager Longing

Romans 8: 18 I consider that what we suffer at this present time cannot be compared at all with the glory that is going to be revealed to us. 19 All of creation waits with eager longing for God to reveal his children. 20 For creation was condemned to lose its purpose, not of its own will, but because God willed it to be so. Yet there was the hope 21 that creation itself would one day be set free from its slavery to decay and would share the glorious freedom of the children of God.

 

============

 

“Did the mail come?’ I asked. I checked the mailbox but it was empty. I had heard from a friend that he was accepted into the one college I applied to. “Yes, but there was no mail for you” was the disappointing reply. I had to keep waiting and hoping.

 

  • Many times I waited on something I really wanted.
  • Many times I hoped for the future.
  • Many times I eagerly longed for the thing, I thought, would provide me with purpose.

 

Paul explains that glory from GOD is far better than the suffering humans face on earth. He then talks about all of creation waiting for GOD to reveal HIS children. The stars that shine so brightly above, wait on GOD to reveal who really love HIM. Even the planets are tired of decay and long for GOD to set them free. Human creations wait with this same longing.

 

  • GOD wants me to understand that HE is worth waiting for.
  • GOD wants me to know HE has a purpose for me.
  • GOD wants me to believe HE has set me free.

 

“How long?” is the question to GOD. This question is a longing to be with HIM for eternity, yet accepting the current state of suffering through life. I mean, GOD still has a purpose for me even though I wait eagerly on JESUS to return.

 

GOD gave me hope by placing the HOLY SPIRIT inside me and inside those who believe in JESUS as Savior. HE will one day reveal, to all of creation, who chose HIM and HE chose. I eagerly wait and hope for GOD’s deliverance.

 

  • Did GOD promise you something and you are waiting for HIM to deliver it?
  • Does it seem like it is taking forever for GOD to fulfill HIS purpose in you?
  • Will you gain peace today, knowing GOD loves you and has chosen you to be HIS child and will one day reveal you to all of creation?

No comments:

Post a Comment