Thursday, February 25, 2021

Tools of a Child

 

Tools of a Child

Romans 8: 12 So then, my friends, we have an obligation, but it is not to live as our human nature wants us to. 13 For if you live according to your human nature, you are going to die; but if by the Spirit you put to death your sinful actions, you will live. 14 Those who are led by God's Spirit are God's children. 15 For the Spirit that God has given you does not make you slaves and cause you to be afraid; instead, the Spirit makes you God's children, and by the Spirit's power we cry out to God, “Father! my Father!” 16 God's Spirit joins himself to our spirits to declare that we are God's children. 17 Since we are his children, we will possess the blessings he keeps for his people, and we will also possess with Christ what God has kept for him; for if we share Christ's suffering, we will also share his glory.

 

============

 

Seeing another ride caught my attention. I left the group to feed my curiosity. When I looked around, I could not see any familiar faces. Immediately I whipped out the best tool I knew. I cried “I want my mommy and daddy!”

 

Unfortunately, they were not on this church trip to the amusement park. I was taken to an office where questions flew at me, but I had no answers. Shortly after, the bus returned.

 

  • When I was a child I was not afraid to see something new.
  • When I was a child I cried out for help as my only tool for fixing the situation.
  • When I was a child I needed everything and possessed nothing.

 

Paul tells everyone of a serious obligation. Live by human sinful nature and die or live by the Spirit and live. He then explains that we are GOD’s children, not HIS adults or peers or pals. The HOLY SPIRIT caused our Spirits to be part of GOD’s family. GOD takes care of HIS children.

 

  • GOD wants me to have the faith of a child.
  • GOD wants me to have total dependence on HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be freed from fear, doubt and worry so I can hear HIS leading.

 

Age brings pride. I mean, the older I got, the more I thought “I” was doing the things to get me in places or through situations. Soon I believed in “my” abilities to fix any situation. BUT GOD did not like that dead type of thinking.

 

GOD placed situations in front of me that seemed impossible to fix. All I could do was cry “FATHER! My FATHER.” When I surrendered to HIM, HE sent HIS rescue. I am grateful GOD watches over me, HIS child, every day.

 

  • Are you desperately trying to fix your situation?
  • Do you believe you have to be strong and not cry?
  • Will you cry out to GOD who hears you because you are HIS child, so HE will enable you to see all who are suffering and raise you and them up to share in the glory of CHRIST?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment