Wednesday, February 24, 2021

You are Alive!

 

You are Alive!

Romans 8: You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

 

============

 

Being granted the time off work excited me. My boss was gracious enough to give me some extra time to go on a missions trip. This excited me about the company I worked for at the time, though the work hours were very, very long and the environment could be filled with pressure. On the trip, I met a man who showed me his hut, wife, lemon tree and cow. He was so excited. He seemed more alive than I could ever imagine.

 

  • There were times when I thought I was alive, but I may have been dead.
  • There were times when I felt I was living “the dream” but I may have been in a nightmare.
  • There may have been times when I believed I was the one in control, but I needed something else to live inside me to take control.

 

Paul switches over from discussing sin to speaking about the Spirit. He explains that the HOLY SPIRIT lives inside those who believe in JESUS as the one and only Savior of humanity. Paul also points out that if HOLY SPIRIT, who was powerful enough to raise JESUS from the dead, lives in you, HE can certainly raise you up as well.

 

  • The HOLY SPIRIT makes me alive.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT guides me daily.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT gives me comfort, wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

 

The most overlooked being is the HOLY SPIRIT. I mean, the HOLY SPIRIT has to do the dirty work by living inside a sinful person like myself. HE warns me not to fall into the temptation, yet I fall anyway. HE then goes before the throne and advocates on my behalf in groans I could never understand.

 

HE rejoices when I step away from temptation and praises me when I serve those HE leads me to. HE protects, provides and brings me to an abundant life of heavenly riches, versus a dead life of earthly bondage. I am grateful for being raised from a dead life and made alive by GOD!

 

  • Are you dead thinking you are alive?
  • Do you have a lot of accolades but have not received praise from the HOLY SPIRIT?
  • Will you seek what GOD wants you to do and be alive versus living a life tied to death today?

No comments:

Post a Comment