Monday, February 22, 2021

Fully Assembled

 

Fully Assembled

Romans 8: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do because it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

 

============

 

Working on the furniture seemed pretty easy, though there were a lot of parts and instructions. I followed the instructions to the letter, but in the middle of assembly, I got distracted with some difficult news that I had to attend to. When I returned, the distraction replayed in my mind and I was not able to concentrate as I should. I missed several steps and had to disassemble the furniture and start over.

 

  • There have been times when I wanted to follow all the steps but could not.
  • There have been times when I was willing to follow all the steps but got distracted.
  • There have been times when I tried to follow the steps, but life got in the way and I found myself skipping a few rules that I should have followed.

 

Paul had just posed a serious question. “Who can save a wretch like me?” He was given the answer. JESUS CHRIST is the Savior to those who believe in HIS resurrection and the need to be saved.

 

Paul now explains that there is no condemnation to those who believe in CHRIST JESUS. GOD did not leave salvation up to chance, because humans would easily get distracted.

 

  • GOD wants me to know I am free from condemnation.
  • GOD wants me to know that JESUS has given me life.
  • GOD wants me to know that the instructions I could not follow were forgiven by the one who followed every instruction, namely JESUS.

 

Being born into sin starts me off with an impossibility. I mean, there is no good that I can do to erase the sin of my birth, which is tied to Adam’s sin of disobedience in the Garden of Eden. BUT GOD did the impossible.

 

HE volunteered to become a human, followed every rule HE gave humans, was falsely blamed for every sin, murdered by humans and raised to life to receive all authority. HE knew I would be condemned forever, so HE took care of the problem. I am broken BUT JESUS put me back together, fully assembled. I am grateful I now fill the righteous requirement because of JESUS.

 

  • Do you think you are in control of your life?
  • Are you distracted and missing a few steps, requiring you to start over again?
  • Will you place your trust in JESUS, so you can have peace in HIM, so HE can provide clear direction for the purpose of your life today?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment