Monday, March 1, 2021

Patient Hope

 

Patient Hope

Romans 8: 22 For we know that up to the present time all of creation groans with pain, like the pain of childbirth. 23 But it is not just creation alone which groans; we who have the Spirit as the first of God's gifts also groan within ourselves as we wait for God to make us his children and set our whole being free. 24 For it was by hope that we were saved; but if we see what we hope for, then it is not really hope. For who of us hopes for something we see? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.

 

============

 

Standing out in the snow, I leaned my head in the street. There was a certain headlight I was looking for that would bring me comfort. I was waiting on a bus and it seemed like it would never come. I knew it was on its way, but I looked for those headlights, as if to will the bus to come faster. The snow came down harder and I simply had to wait.

 

  • There have been many times when I hoped for something to arrive a little faster.
  • There have been many times when I knew something was on its way, but I could not see it.
  • There have been many times when I felt miserable waiting, yet I could not do anything else.

 

Paul switches from creation to humans in his explanation of how everyone and everything is waiting on GOD to reveal HIS children. He says “We who have the Spirit as the first of God's gifts also groan within ourselves as we wait for God to make us his children and set our whole being free.” He then explains that it was hope that saved us and it is hope that will keep us waiting in patience.

 

  • GOD gives me patience by believing HE has the situation taken care of.
  • GOD provides for me when I cannot see what I am looking for.
  • GOD delivers me out of the darkness, even though I sometimes feel like I am stumbling.

 

“Wait on the LORD” are some tough words to swallow. I mean, cant HE just come back and get all this over with? GOD wants the full number of those who will believe in JESUS to be accounted for. Since we are all still here, I have to patiently wait.

 

GOD is gracious in my waiting. HE gives me purpose to reach those who HE sends me to so they can be added to that number. I cannot make JESUS return any faster, but I can serve HIM with hope and patience until HE does.

 

  • Are you weary from waiting?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Will you place your hope in JESUS and stop looking at the current situation that GOD has already taken care of?

No comments:

Post a Comment