Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Purpose Found Me

 

Purpose Found Me

Romans 10: 18 But I ask: Is it true that they did not hear the message? Of course they did—for as the scripture says:

 

“The sound of their voice went out to all the world;
    their words reached the ends of the earth.”
19 Again I ask: Did the people of Israel not understand? Moses himself is the first one to answer:
“I will use a so-called nation
    to make my people jealous;
and by means of a nation of fools
    I will make my people angry.”
20 And Isaiah is even bolder when he says,
“I was found by those who were not looking for me;
    I appeared to those who were not asking for me.”

 

21 But concerning Israel he says, “All day long I held out my hands to welcome a disobedient and rebellious people.”

 

============

 

Walking down the hall between classes, a teacher asked me if I would like to be in her class next semester. She said “I will teach you about computers.” “What’s a computer?” I asked having just left a typing class. I took the class and entered the industry as my career.

 

  • There have been times when I was given something I was not looking for.
  • There have been times when I was invited into something I never knew anything about.
  • There have been times when I found something special that I was not looking for.

 

Moses and Isaiah wrote what GOD told them. Both wrote about the heart of GOD as revealed to them. Paul encapsulates their words in an effort to explain that people have been sent to speak about JESUS, but the message was not heard. Surely a chosen people would listen to JESUS. Unfortunately, they listened to religion over GOD HIMSELF.

 

  • GOD sought me out when I was not looking for HIM.
  • GOD gave me purpose when I was not asking for it.
  • GOD guided me when I was foolishly wandering.

 

Looking back I can see times where GOD was the one who intervened in the situation. HE brought people to me and I had a choice. Speak about my needs, wants and desires or speak life and JESUS. When I chose to speak about JESUS, GOD said “Well done.” HE then took care of my wants, needs and desires.

 

GOD has wants, needs and desires too. HE wants me to be part of HIS family, HE needs me to believe in JESUS so I can be adopted in HIS family, HE desires that all humans show love to one another so they will believe. HE gives me purpose that I was not looking for. I gladly accept HIS purpose.

 

  • What do you think your purpose is in life?
  • Have you assigned purpose to a job or a title?
  • Will you thank GOD for providing you with purpose so HE will increase what HE has for you to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment