Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Set Up For Success

 

Set Up For Success

Romans 11: 16 If the first piece of bread is given to God, then the whole loaf is his also; and if the roots of a tree are offered to God, the branches are his also. 17 Some of the branches of the cultivated olive tree have been broken off, and a branch of a wild olive tree has been joined to it. You Gentiles are like that wild olive tree, and now you share the strong spiritual life of the Jews. 18 So then, you must not despise those who were broken off like branches. How can you be proud? You are just a branch; you don't support the roots—the roots support you.

 

============

 

Blame the last person for the mess so the new person could look like the hero, was the normal habit at this particular company. I got into the position and everything seemed to be falling apart. People were blaming “my” department and I considered using the deflection tactic.

 

  • There were times when I wanted to blame someone else for the mess I was in.
  • There were times when I wanted to set someone up for failure so I could succeed.
  • There were times when I wanted to show how wrong someone else was so I could look right.

 

Paul spoke about GOD’s currency, namely people. He uses two analogies; one about bread and the other about olive trees. In both analogies, Paul explains that everything is GOD’s. If a group of people are given to GOD then the entire tribe is also given to HIM. If a group has been adopted into the family, those adopted should not despise the family members who left the family.

 

  • GOD wants me to recognize I am accepted by HIM only because of HIS grace.
  • GOD wants me to understand that all of us have gone astray so I must be humble because HE brought me back to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to show love to those who are pursuing religion versus believing in JESUS as the Savior.

 

Setting people up for success means not speaking badly about them. I mean, I must look at my own sins and avoid pointing out someone else’s. I am a sinner and the only reason I can even speak JESUS’ name is because HE pursued me when I was not looking for HIM.

 

I have nothing to be proud of. My righteousness is like a pile of poop. I am grateful I can point to JESUS whose righteousness cleans all who believe.

 

  • Are you looking at someone, thinking they are not following GOD correctly?
  • Do you have a problem with the way someone sings, speaks or preaches about GOD?
  • Will you get rid of your pride and be thankful JESUS is your Savior so HE can clean your heart to share in the “strong spiritual life” today?

No comments:

Post a Comment