Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Serve the Overlooked Well

 

Serve the Overlooked Well

Romans 11: 13 I am speaking now to you Gentiles: As long as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I will take pride in my work. 14 Perhaps I can make the people of my own race jealous, and so be able to save some of them. 15 For when they were rejected, all other people were changed from God's enemies into his friends. What will it be, then, when they are accepted? It will be life for the dead!

 

============

 

When I got the promotion, I thought I would be given a team. “Make your own team” was the strange directive given to me and no one else. I met with people who were overlooked in the company and formed a team of volunteers. They worked out so well that the team got noticed and those in “power” asked how we did it.

 

  • There were times when rejection seemed like a problem to me.
  • There were times when being overlooked felt degrading to me.
  • There were times when unfairness was the norm towards me.

 

Paul spoke about the Jewish leaders who rejected JESUS as the Messiah. He became a preacher to the Gentiles because of their rejection. He wanted to serve the Gentiles, who had been overlooked by his race, well. He still hoped his race would be saved.

 

  • GOD wants me to take pride in my work as I serve the group HE sends me to.
  • GOD wants me to pay attention to the overlooked.
  • GOD wants me to see those who have been rejected as HIS friends.

 

Speaking about JESUS has to be done. It cannot be bottled up inside once a person sees what JESUS did. Unfortunately, there will be those who too stuck on the pleasures of life to hear about the abundance GOD speaks about.

 

So GOD sends me to those who can hear about JESUS. HE does not have time to waste, so HE takes me and those ready to speak about JESUS, to HIS harvest. I am grateful GOD is no longer my enemy but calls me a friend.

 

  • Are you overlooking people?
  • Are you seeking the pleasures of the world without speaking about the greatness of JESUS?
  • Will you take the responsibility of speaking about JESUS seriously and take the message to those GOD sends you to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment