Friday, March 5, 2021

Permanent Love

 

Permanent Love

Romans 8: 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

 

============

 

Collecting frequent traveler points was the norm for me. I stayed in a specific chain, gathering enough points to one day take my family on a lavish vacation. When hard times hit, I spent a long period not traveling. When I looked into the points, the hotel chain said, “You haven’t traveled in a while so you lost all your points.”

 

  • There have been times when I felt I would be cast out if I did not do the right things.
  • There have been times when I felt I would lose everything if I did not follow the rules of those who were holding me hostage.
  • There have been times when I felt so full of fear, that I made excuses for not speaking about the only ONE who truly loved me.

 

Paul says “We are more than conquerors.” Bullies, thieves, liars and those who try to harm others cannot separate us from the love of JESUS. He speaks about permanent love.

 

  • GOD wants me to know HIS love for me is permanent.
  • GOD wants me to understand that nothing can separate me from the love of JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to be convinced that all problems caused by humans, demons or powers are temporary but the LOVE of JESUS is eternal.

 

“Problem free” is the lie told by Satan. I mean, the expectation that life would be one long vacation on earth is a false expectation that is placed in front of humans to try to separate them from the love of GOD. Temptation after temptation are placed in front of all humans to get us to turn away from GOD. Who can save us? JESUS!

 

Only JESUS can open my eyes to see HE has the situation under control. Once HE has given me a purpose, that purpose cannot be stopped. It may look impossible, BUT GOD steps in and handles everything for me. I am grateful JESUS loves me so much that even my sin cannot separate me from HIM.

 

  • Have you been dumped?
  • Do you feel cast out and dejected by circumstances out of your control?
  • Will you allow GOD to open your eyes to HIS permanent love for you today by believing in JESUS, who loves you dearly?

No comments:

Post a Comment