Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Bring Good News

 

Bring Good News

Romans 10: 14 But how can they call to him for help if they have not believed? And how can they believe if they have not heard the message? And how can they hear if the message is not proclaimed? 15 And how can the message be proclaimed if the messengers are not sent out? As the scripture says, “How wonderful is the coming of messengers who bring good news!” 16 But not all have accepted the Good News. Isaiah himself said, “Lord, who believed our message?” 17 So then, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message comes through preaching Christ.

 

============

 

“What a rotten day” I said to myself. I was feeling low and down out about the dead end job which made me notice the gloomy weather, which emphasized my broken umbrella and to top it off… I was broke. My future looked grim as the dean told me the bad news of my failure in school. Can it get any worse?

 

  • I have had many bad days.
  • I have had many trying days where there was no good news to be found.
  • I have had many rough days that seemed even rougher when I heard more bad news.

 

Paul spoke about the Great News which is CHRIST. But now he speaks of a dilemma. How can people believe in CHRIST if there are no messengers sent to proclaim HIM? Paul was trying to convince all who would hear to be the messenger.

 

  • GOD wants me to bring Good News to everyone who will hear about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to proclaim HIS SON is the only way to peace.
  • GOD wants me to be sent so I can tell people Good News.

 

Good news is in short supply these days. The media’s news seems to show what is wrong with the world every second. When difficult situations arise, it is hard for me to find solace anywhere. BUT GOD has a remedy. HE gave me the “Good News” which is JESUS. HE not only died for me, HE was raised from the dead with all power and authority.

 

There was mor Good News. JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me to comfort me and give me hope in hopeless situations. To top it off, JESUS went away to build a place for me. HIS imminent return unknown, however, HE brings great rewards to those HE finds following HIM with faith. I am glad JESUS is my Good News!

 

  • Are you speaking life or death?
  • Do your words pick people up or put people down?
  • Will you seek GOD and ask HIM to wipe away your gloom so you can be used as HIS messenger to bring the Good News about JESUS to people HE sends you to today?

No comments:

Post a Comment