Monday, March 15, 2021

Exclusion Illusion

 

Exclusion Illusion

Romans 9: 22 And the same is true of what God has done. He wanted to show his anger and to make his power known. But he was very patient in enduring those who were the objects of his anger, who were doomed to destruction. 23 And he also wanted to reveal his abundant glory, which was poured out on us who are the objects of his mercy, those of us whom he has prepared to receive his glory. 24 For we are the people he called, not only from among the Jews but also from among the Gentiles. 25 This is what he says in the book of Hosea:

 

“The people who were not mine
    I will call ‘My People.’
The nation that I did not love
    I will call ‘My Beloved.’
26 And in the very place where they were told, ‘You are not my people,’
    there they will be called the children of the living God.”

 

 

============

 

After flying a lot, I received a certain status. I was able to upgrade to first class every now and then. I receive a notice from the airline. “You have access to a special location in major airports where you can be pampered while you wait. Great! Now I don’t have to even see the common traveler. They usually are too slow anyway.

 

  • There were times when I wanted to be in exclusive places.
  • There were times when I felt I had earned the right to exclude.
  • There were times when I enjoyed the status of being in a certain group.

 

Paul takes a turn from the hard message and shows just how much GOD loves HIS creation. He explains that GOD has patience for those who reject HIM. He also explains that while JESUS chose a certain group of people to become a human through, everyone who believes in HIM will be called HIS people.

 

  • GOD wants me to spread the great news about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to rejoice because HE included me in HIS love.
  • GOD wants me to make everyone feel welcome to come into HIS family through HIS SON.

 

Thieves have tried to steal JESUS and make HIM an exclusive club. I mean, skin hues, and must do’s is bad news! Whenever I try to exclude people by telling them they have not done enough for GOD, or when I am sitting in a place where everyone looks and acts like me, I am not acting like the example JESUS showed.

 

Yes, the rules are very important to GOD, but if one bite took every human down, then my daily sin would burn everyone up. JESUS took care of it all. HE said “MY grace is sufficient.” HE also said “It is finished” meaning there is nothing else that needs to be done.

 

The HOLY SPIRIT has been sent and when I believed in JESUS, I have nothing more to do. But I want to do for HIM so I do what HE leads me to do. I am grateful JESUS brought me into HIS family and everyone is welcome.

 

  • Are you telling people they are not doing enough for GOD?
  • Are you mostly talking to people who look and act like you?
  • Will you allow JESUS to break your normal habits wo HE can use you to reach many nations?

No comments:

Post a Comment