Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Children of the Promise

 

Children of the Promise

Romans 9: It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.” In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. For this was how the promise was stated: “At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”

 

============

 

“I’m going to build a new garage” were the words we overheard. This was great news to me because I would use the old garage as my private toilet when I did not feel like stop playing, and now it started to stink.

 

The next day, I got with my siblings and we tore a good sized hole in the garage. “What are you doing?!” was the shout. “We are tearing down the garage” we replied excitedly. The garage wasn’t planned to be built for months.

 

  • There have been times when I believed in the promise, but could not wait for the result.
  • There have been times when I could see the promised fulfilled in my mind, so I tried to help the promise come in my timing.
  • There have been times when I was part of the promise, but not in a way I expected.

 

Abraham was promised that he would be the father of a countless nation of people who would follow GOD. He decided to help GOD with this promise by having a child with a younger woman. GOD’s promise was fulfilled through Sarah, the older woman. Paul’s explained Abraham’s impatience.

 

  • GOD has a plan for me and wants me to watch HIM make it unfold.
  • GOD has a promise for me, but it includes many other factors I cannot see.
  • GOD has a place for me and HE is busy preparing it.

 

When GOD promises something, it will happen. I mean, HE promises things that seem impossible to me, so I try to help HIM out with my efforts. BUT GOD is forgiving. HE sees my futile attempts to “help” HIM and shows me grace anyway.

 

GOD is my FATHER because I believe in JESUS who died for me and is alive making a wonderful place for me. HIS ways are not my ways, HIS thoughts are not my thoughts and HIS plans are always fulfilled. I am glad I am HIS child and I believe in HIS promises.

 

  • Is your family dysfunctional?
  • Have you fallen into the trap of thinking you are not valued?
  • Will you stop believing the lie and know you are a child of GOD and HIS promise for you is far beyond what you could ever think?

No comments:

Post a Comment