Thursday, March 18, 2021

Religious-ship

 

Religious-ship

Romans 10: Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness. Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

 

============

 

Dressed in my “Sunday clothes”, I went to church. Songs were sang from a book that smelled like a musty cave. Announcements were made about upcoming events. I sat and listened to a person talking about an old car. I walked away remembering there was an event that would serve frappe. I liked sherbet and 7 UP!

 

  • There were times when I thought I knew GOD because I went to church.
  • There were times when I thought I knew GOD because I looked the part.
  • There were times when I thought I knew GOD because I sang the songs, quoted the speaker and attended the events.

 

After being beaten, slandered, and stoned by the Israelites, Paul says his desire is that they may be saved. He remembered his own zeal to persecute anyone who didn’t act “religious.” He watched men women and children being murdered because they weren’t doing GOD right, at least according to his way. BUT GOD had another way.

 

  • GOD wants me to have a real relationship with HIM through JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to submit to GOD’s righteousness through JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to believe in HIS one and only SON so HE can declare me as righteous.

 

Reading the bible every day and quoting scriptures does not save me.  I mean, if I read the words and say them without truly believing them, I may as well read and quote any other manuscript that makes me feel good. BUT GOD wants something different.

 

JESUS died for me just to have an everlasting relationship with me. No one else has ever done something so wonderful for me. HE said things that have been true all my life like; “I will never leave you nor forsake you” and “Take MY yoke upon you and learn from ME, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.” I no longer want religion, because I have a relationship with JESUS.

 

  • Are you looking at people, thinking they are doing GOD the wrong way?
  • Do you feel you know GOD better because you listen to songs and read scripture a lot?
  • Will you ask JESUS into your heart so you can desire HIS salvation for those who persecute you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment