Friday, March 26, 2021

Being Sharp

 

Being Sharp

Romans 11: What then? The people of Israel did not find what they were looking for. It was only the small group that God chose who found it; the rest grew deaf to God's call. As the scripture says, “God made their minds and hearts dull; to this very day they cannot see or hear.” And David says,

 

“May they be caught and trapped at their feasts;
    may they fall, may they be punished!
10 May their eyes be blinded so that they cannot see;
    and make them bend under their troubles at all times.”

 

 

============

 

“OoWee! You look sharp!” someone told me as I donned my new suit. I felt pretty important walking around in a new suit. I heard the word “sharp” before but was never called it. Later in life, I met people who were moving up in the company. “That woman is sharp” they told me. I watched what she did and tried to emulate what I saw. I soon met other “sharp” people.

 

  • I met many people who were classified as “sharp.”
  • I met many people whose minds were classified as “sharp.”
  • I met many people who led large crowds, who I thought were “sharp.”

 

The prophets and Paul talked about people who overlooked GOD. HIS chosen people denied JESUS being the Messiah so GOD made their minds and hearts dull. They can no longer see and hear GOD, so they follow who they label as “sharp.”

 

  • GOD wants my heart so HE can keep it sharp.
  • GOD wants my mind so HE can use it for HIS purpose.
  • GOD wants my search to be over so HE provided JESUS.

 

Finding JESUS as the Savior keeps my mind and heart sharp. The news speaks of name after name. calling each person sharp or dull. BUT GOD is the only one who has the authority to do so.

 

HE blinds those who do not rely on HIS SON and sharpens the few who call on HIM for their troubles. I am glad JESUS entered into my life and ask that HE keeps my heart sharp for those HE wants me to bring to HIM.

 

  • Are you trying to look good in front of people to gain their respect?
  • Are you trying to mimic people who you think are “sharp?”
  • Will you allow GOD to keep your heart and mind sharp by allowing JESUS to come into your life and  believe HE is the Savior of the world today?

No comments:

Post a Comment