Friday, March 19, 2021

It is About You

 

It is About You

Romans 10: Moses wrote this about being put right with God by obeying the Law: “Whoever obeys the commands of the Law will live.” But what the scripture says about being put right with God through faith is this: “You are not to ask yourself, Who will go up into heaven?” (that is, to bring Christ down). “Nor are you to ask, Who will go down into the world below?” (that is, to bring Christ up from death). What it says is this: “God's message is near you, on your lips and in your heart”—that is, the message of faith that we preach. 

 

============

 

Cruising at a very nice speed, I was beating everybody on the road. When I was pulled over, I quickly thought of my defense. “What about them?” I asked, not knowing where I was going with that argument. “Yes, they are speeding, but it is you who was caught speeding.”

 

  • When I am in trouble I want other people to go down with me.
  • When I am caught doing wrong, I want a group to be caught with me.
  • When I want something that someone else has, I question, “Why them and not me?”

 

Paul tries to address a seriously diseased way of thinking. “Will that person go to heaven or hell?”” was the type of questioning that could get any human in trouble. Paul then gives the best alternative. Speak for yourself.

 

  • GOD wants me to hear HIS message and place it in my heart.
  • GOD wants me to speak HIS message to anyone who will hear.
  • GOD wants me to have faith in HIS message so I will continue to speak about HIM.

 

Looking around at others, trying to decide if they believe in JESUS or not is impossible for any human. I mean, many people who speak and preach HIS name weekly may not know HIM in a saving way, but a greedy way.

 

On the other hand, that person who is a regular sinner, known by the community as a liar and a thief, may be GOD’s greatest example. Ask the thief on the cross. The only assignment GOD gives me is to speak about HIS SON, who took care of all my sins. I am grateful HE is gracious enough to give HIS message to me.

 

  • Are you looking at “those” poor lost people?
  • Do “they” need to be saved because of something ”you” saw them do?
  • Will you stop judging others and include yourself by saying “I” am a sinner who needs salvation today?

No comments:

Post a Comment