Monday, March 29, 2021

Blessings

 

Blessings

Romans 11: 11 I ask, then: When the Jews stumbled, did they fall to their ruin? By no means! Because they sinned, salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make the Jews jealous of them. 12 The sin of the Jews brought rich blessings to the world, and their spiritual poverty brought rich blessings to the Gentiles. Then, how much greater the blessings will be when the complete number of Jews is included!

 

============

 

“Want these?” was the question as I was handed two newish TV’s and some barely used tools. The office was closing and they had no need for the lobby televisions and the tools used for minor repairs. “Sure” I replied. I couldn’t believe they were going to throw these items away!

 

  • Many times I have received valuable things people did not want.
  • Many times I have been the benefactor of something valuable by those who did not see the value.
  • Many times I have obtained what was unwanted and felt very blessed.

 

Paul explains that the Jews stumbled when they did not believe in JESUS was the Messiah they had been searching for. This sin saved the Gentiles which brought rich blessings on a group that was not looking to be blessed. This rich blessing of salvation is used to make those who overlooked the blessing, jealous. One day, the full count of all believers, Jews and Gentiles, will be counted.

 

  • GOD has poured out HIS blessings on me.
  • GOD has given me so much, that I cannot thank HIM enough.
  • GOD has provided for me to overflowing, spiritually.

 

When is comes to blessings, GOD cannot be beat. HE has so much to give and cannot seem to hold it back. When one group rejects HIS blessings, another benefits. HE looks at me the same way. If I choose to refuse HIS blessings, HE will pour them out on someone else who was not even looking for them.

 

BUT GOD is also gracious. HE knows I may stumble and overlook HIS blessings when I look for the blessings to come in a way I expect. HE does not mind when I come back to HIM and ask “Can I be included in YOUR blessings?” when I have overlooked what I was supposed to thank HIM for in the first place. I am glad GOD’s grace is sufficient.

 

  • Are you looking for GOD to bless you and HE already has?
  • What rich blessings are you overlooking?
  • Will you ask GOD to open your eyes to the extreme blessings HE has provided you so your heart may grow to overflowing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment