Monday, March 8, 2021

Someone Has to Die

 

Someone Has to Die

Romans 9: I speak the truth in Christ—I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit— I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were cursed and cut off from Christ for the sake of my people, those of my own race, the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises. Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of the Messiah, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

 

============

 

After I returned to attending church, I felt my life was getting better. I mean, the guilt was no longer there and I was now teaching people about GOD. I went back to visit the college I graduated from to see some of my “friends.”

 

“There is a party tonight” people gladly told me. They were proud to do so, because I was the one who used to throw the parties. I knew this was a code word for getting everyone drunk to have sex. “Should I go?” I pondered. I had to make a choice.

 

  • There have been times when I wished I could convince people that CHRIST is the answer.
  • There have been times when I wanted to tell people I have changed and hoped they could see a difference.
  • There have been times when I desired my “friends” to be saved so perhaps, I needed to leave my old life and show a new one.

 

Paul expresses deep sadness over those who overlooked JESUS as the Messiah. He wished he could be the sacrifice who would be separated from GOD forever so all Jews would be saved. He knew this was impossible. Each person had to accept or reject JESUS as the Savior especially since HE chose this group to become a human through.

 

  • GOD wants me to desire everyone I encounter to be saved.
  • GOD wants me to make a choice to allow my desires to die so perhaps other people can live.
  • GOD wants me to anguish over people who have decided to reject JESUS as the one and only Savior.

 

Someone had to die to pay for the sins of the world. Either it was all humans or one. JESUS took on the responsibility of every sin ever committed by every human. HE was blamed, convicted, and murdered for my sins. HE was raised form the dead and holds all power.

 

But what does that have to do with me? HE wants me to die to my old ways so someone else can live. No longer should I crave the old sinful life that seemed harmless, but was filled with pain and death. I am glad GOD helps me to lay down my old life to serve HIM.

 

  • Do you anguish over your family’s relationship with JESUS?
  • Do you want your neighbors and friends to believe in JESUS as their Savior?
  • Are you willing to put your old life to the side so people can see JESUS through you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment