Friday, March 12, 2021

Love Who You Are

 

Love Who You Are

Romans 9: 19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

 

============

 

Broke, nappy hair, skinny and torn up clothes made me a target for ridicule from several angles. On top of that, I was sometimes blamed for the skin I wore, let alone the glasses that screamed “Don’t ever date this nerd!” “Why did YOU make me this way?” I cried out. To GOD. I got no answer.

 

  • There were times when I shouted out blame so I could feel better.
  • There were times when I spit poison at parents, teachers, and bosses, for making me a certain way.
  • There were times when I felt misunderstood mainly because I did not understand myself.

 

Paul continues with the difficult subject of trying to explain why GOD made humans the way HE made them. The underlying question would be, why didn’t GOD just make everyone love HIM and believe in HIM? Paul does not address this question, but it is still there. He does, however, mention GOD’s right to make us the way HE pleases.

 

  • GOD wants me to know HE made me special and with care.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE has a purpose for how HE made me.
  • GOD wants me to love who I am so I can love others the way HE loves me.

 

Loving the way GOD made me is important. I mean, when I blame GOD, it means I am dissatisfied with what and how HE does things. The real reason I blame is to take charge or say to GOD, “Move over and let me show YOU how it should have been done.”

 

Looking back, I can see how beneficial it was to be me. I could talk to other broke, nappy haired, malnourished people and point them to GOD. HE would then fill me up so much that I would not just stop there. I could speak to those who ridiculed me about JESUS, and do it in a loving caring way. I am grateful GOD has a purpose for me, special or common.

 

  • Are you full of blame and lacking in taking responsibility?
  • Do you fight easily and surrender slowly?
  • Will you give your blame and rage to GOD and love how HE made you so HE can clean your heart to use you for HIS purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment