Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Infectious

 

Infectious

Romans 9: 27 And Isaiah exclaims about Israel: “Even if the people of Israel are as many as the grains of sand by the sea, yet only a few of them will be saved; 28 for the Lord will quickly settle his full account with the world.” 29 It is as Isaiah had said before, “If the Lord Almighty had not left us some descendants, we would have become like Sodom, we would have been like Gomorrah.”

 

============

 

Raining and gloomy, it was a day where everyone on the bus felt despair. As I sat, dreading my work destination, I could see a person smiling. Actually he was laughing. I brushed it off as another person who was going through some weird stuff. But I could not stop looking at him. I felt better. He got up and said, “GOD bless all of you” as he departed the bus. My day wasn’t as bad.

 

  • There have been some people who have changed my attitude with a simple smile.
  • There have been some people who made me laugh because they were laughing.
  • There have been some people who had a positive effect on me simply because they were there.

 

Paul quotes the prophet Isaiah to get his point across. It doesn’t matter how large the number, many people would choose to walk away from GOD. BUT GOD left a few descendants so this would not happen.

 

  • GOD wants me to be infectious to my family and neighbors.
  • GOD wants me to speak about HIS SON, no matter the circumstance.
  • GOD wants me to point to HIS strength, not my own.

 

Being infectious means rising above the current situation. I mean, the winds and storms of life look very scary at times. BUT GOD places me in the middle of the storm to be a beacon of light pointing to HIM.

 

Only a few descendants kept following HIS word and JESUS was born as a human. If it weren’t for those few, salvation would not have come about. JESUS then lived out a perfect life and was murdered by HIS creation. HE rose from the dead and infected those who believe in HIM with the HOLY SPIRIT. I am glad to be infectious to the world.

 

  • Does the situation around you seem dismal?
  • Are you looking at the storm versus seeing the Savior?
  • Will you ask GOD for the strength to be the one who is calm in the middle of the storm so others can see JESUS through you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment