Thursday, June 24, 2021

Body Parts

Body Parts

1 Corinthians 6: 15 You know that your bodies are parts of the body of Christ. Shall I take a part of Christ's body and make it part of the body of a prostitute? Impossible! 16 Or perhaps you don't know that the man who joins his body to a prostitute becomes physically one with her? The scripture says quite plainly, “The two will become one body.” 17 But he who joins himself to the Lord becomes spiritually one with him.

 

============

 

“Look at that ‘insert body part’ on her” we said in an ogling fashion. Our focus was on the physical appearance. This lit the fire inside me to stop searching for GOD inside each person and settle for fulfilling my lusts.

 

  • There have been times when I settled for looking at body parts.
  • There have been times when I treated GOD’s children as common “things” to be used by me.
  • There have been times when I wanted to misuse a part of CHRIST’s body for “my” own purposes.

 

Paul explains that my body is part of CHRIST’s body. In other words, the total number of people who believe in JESUS make up a single “body” under CHRIST. We are “spiritually one” with HIM. Paul also appeals to everyone to rethink how our physical bodies are to be used as a sacrifice to serve JESUS.

 

  • GOD wants me to search for HIS SPIRIT in each person.
  • GOD wants me to see beyond the physical and remain spiritually connected to HIM.
  • GOD wants me to treat HIS body as holy.

 

Downplaying how GOD sees sex does not make my sentence any lighter. Sin is still sin. If I think in a way that is not repentant, then maybe I need to rethink my relationship with JESUS. Am I just mouthing the words or living them?

 

GOD is very serious about bringing all people back to HIM so they can be saved. When I ogle over one, I may be part of the problem and cause others to fall away from HIM. The hidden or overt lust will be seen by onlookers. I am grateful GOD does provide grace and opens my eyes to HIS children.

 

  • Are you ogling over someone’s body parts?
  • Do you mistreat the body of CHRIST and think there will be no repercussion?
  • Will you seek GOD’s kingdom first and look for the need for salvation in “that” person instead of fulfilling your lusts today?

No comments:

Post a Comment