Thursday, June 3, 2021

The Action IS the Destination

The Action IS the Destination

After all, who is Apollos? And who is Paul? We are simply God's servants, by whom you were led to believe. Each one of us does the work which the Lord gave him to do: I planted the seed, Apollos watered the plant, but it was God who made the plant grow. The one who plants and the one who waters really do not matter. It is God who matters, because he makes the plant grow. There is no difference between the one who plants and the one who waters; God will reward each one according to the work each has done. For we are partners working together for God, and you are God's field.

 

============

 

When I fell into trouble, I turned to GOD. I figured HE was mad at me for the sins I committed that week or possibly the night before. With an empty bank account and a broken down car, I had nowhere else to turn. “Maybe if I turn to GOD, HE will get these credit collection agencies off my back” I thought to myself.

 

  • There have been many times I thought serving GOD was a means to an end.
  • There have been many times when I believed I could serve and GOD would react to my service.
  • There have been many times that I wondered “what good am I doing and does it make a difference?”

 

Paul tried to reconcile an argument over people following him or Apollos. He explained that both are servants of GOD and neither are more important than the other. The work they do is what matters to GOD and HE will reward people on what they do.

 

  • GOD wants me to focus on “planting” HIS plants.
  • GOD wants me to know that HE will provide others to water HIS plants.
  • GOD wants me to see the vast field HE grows with many plants HE raised up.

 

Plant is an action and a thing. I mean I can plant a plant that plants, plants. But sometimes I want to be the one that grows the plant. That is when I run into issues. I want to control the situation so I can stop or start serving GOD when it pleases me.

 

GOD sees when I am sincere. HE knows the times I am really planting plants for HIM and HE blesses me when I am simply serving HIM because HE is GOD. HE blesses others who do their part in watering, and nurturing the plant during the growth process. I am glad to be a part in the vast field of plants GOD is growing.

 

  • Are you trying to do something to get GOD to do something for you?
  • Do you look at other people as being more important than you in GOD’s kingdom or vice-versa?
  • Will you simply serve GOD today so HE will provide you with HIS blessings?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment