Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Valuing the Gift

 

Valuing the Gift

1 Corinthians 2: 13 So then, we do not speak in words taught by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, as we explain spiritual truths to those who have the Spirit. 14 Whoever does not have the Spirit cannot receive the gifts that come from God's Spirit. Such a person really does not understand them, and they seem to be nonsense, because their value can be judged only on a spiritual basis. 15 Whoever has the Spirit, however, is able to judge the value of everything, but no one is able to judge him. 16 As the scripture says,

 

“Who knows the mind of the Lord?
    Who is able to give him advice?”

 

We, however, have the mind of Christ.

 

============

 

As the expert spoke to me about the car, all I could hear was “Don’t do this and don’t do that” or “Do this and do that.” I just wanted the car. After driving it for a while. Stuff started going wrong. The engine began overheating and the oil light came on. It cost a lot to get it fixed. I did not value the gift of experience he was trying to impart on me.

 

  • Many times I did not value words from a gifted person.
  • Many times I did not value the gift of wisdom because I was impatient.
  • Many times I did not value experience because I just wanted the thing “I” thought was valuable.

 

Paul speaks candidly about spiritual truths. These words are wasted on those who do not value JESUS, rather they focus on human wisdom. Such a person does not understand the words of the SPIRIT because those words can only be valued on a spiritual level. The SPIRIT provides gifts that can only be received by those who believe in JESUS, who gives the HOLY SPIRIT.

 

  • GOD says that I am able to judge the value of everything because I believe in JESUS.
  • GOD says that I am able to receive the gifts HE has for me because I believe in JESUS.
  • GOD says that I am able to teach HIS words because I believe in JESUS.

 

Human wisdom looks at the Word of GOD as nonsense. I mean, GOD can be explained away by human observation. After a while, humans become blind and depend only on what can be seen. BUT GOD blesses those who place their faith in HIM, especially when it does not make sense.

 

“Who knows the mind of the LORD?” “Who is able to give HIM advice?” No one. I am grateful GOD has accepted me into HIS family, placed the HOLY SPIRIT inside me and has given me the “mind of CHRIST” so I can receive the gifts of the SPIRIT.

 

  1. Do you see all situations through your own wisdom or lusts?
  2. Are you worried because of what you cannot see or control?
  3. Will you quiet down and ask GOD to open your heart to HIS spiritual truths so the HOLY SPIRIT can enter and teach you gifts that are unimaginable today?

No comments:

Post a Comment