Friday, June 11, 2021

Living Example

Living Example

1 Corinthians 4: 14 I write this to you, not because I want to make you feel ashamed, but to instruct you as my own dear children. 15 For even if you have ten thousand guardians in your Christian life, you have only one father. For in your life in union with Christ Jesus I have become your father by bringing the Good News to you. 16 I beg you, then, to follow my example. 17 For this purpose I am sending to you Timothy, who is my own dear and faithful son in the Christian life. He will remind you of the principles which I follow in the new life in union with Christ Jesus and which I teach in all the churches everywhere.

 

============

 

“How To” videos were not as accessible at the time. I was trying my hand at making furniture from scratch. I asked my uncle for advice. He had won many contests for making furniture and owned a thriving restoration business. I carefully listened to his advice and completed the furniture.

 

  • There have been many people who have given me some great advice.
  • There have been many people who have shown me how to do things right.
  • There have been many people who have been great examples for what I wanted to do.

 

Paul likens himself to a “Father” who has given birth to those who believe in JESUS as their Savior. He brought the Good News to many people and they believed. They became his children and he urged them to “follow his example” to do the same. Spread the “Good News” and become a living example.

 

  • GOD wants me to spread the Good News of JESUS’ resurrection.
  • GOD wants me to go and make disciples out of many nations.
  • GOD wants me to become a parent to many people who believe in JESUS.

 

Being an example of JESUS is great! I mean, I don’t have to be perfect because HE was and is. HE was the one who died for my sins and all I have to do is point people to HIM for forgiveness. My imperfection, flaws and failures draw people to HIM rather than repel.

 

When I admit I am a sinner versus trying to pretend I do not sin, I end up with children who believe in GOD. I am glad GOD put so many living examples of HIS followers in my life.

 

  • Do you have an example of a follower of JESUS?
  • Do you admire people because of how he or she follow JESUS?
  • Will you become a living example of how to spread the Gospel of JESUS today so you may have many children in the Kingdom of GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment