Friday, June 4, 2021

Quality or Kindling

Quality or Kindling

1 Corinthians 3: You are also God's building. 10 Using the gift that God gave me, I did the work of an expert builder and laid the foundation, and someone else is building on it. But each of you must be careful how you build. 11 For God has already placed Jesus Christ as the one and only foundation, and no other foundation can be laid. 12 Some will use gold or silver or precious stones in building on the foundation; others will use wood or grass or straw. 13 And the quality of each person's work will be seen when the Day of Christ exposes it. For on that Day fire will reveal everyone's work; the fire will test it and show its real quality. 14 If what was built on the foundation survives the fire, the builder will receive a reward. 15 But if your work is burnt up, then you will lose it; but you yourself will be saved, as if you had escaped through the fire.

 

============

 

Hearing a polished orator made me feel insignificant. I would hear about their audiences of millions of people and look at my numbers only to hold my head down in shame. I panicked and tried to be like famous people as quickly as I could. I went away from quality and started putting out irrelevant information. The few who I spoke to soon left.

 

  • There were many times when I wanted to be seen and heard.
  • There were many times when I served people so “I” could get noticed.
  • There were many times when I got involved so I could be with the crowd that looked good.

 

Paul uses a different analogy. He switched from plants in a field to that of a building. JESUS CHRIST is the one and only foundation to build anything, Paul explains. Some people use money and others use security or health, but those who truly follow GOD need the right foundation.

 

  • GOD wants me to continually question my motives to see if I am speaking about JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to know I am susceptible to seeking selfish motives, so I should be careful how I build.
  • GOD wants me to seek sincerity when I serve otherwise HE will burn up my work.

 

“Did you see me give?” is a question that could point to a work that may be burned up by GOD. I mean, HE said “Give in secret.” HE also gave guidelines for prayer and fasting. HE just wants me to be sincere when serving HIM. Unfortunately, sin gets in the way and there are times when my motive is not aligned with HIS.

 

GOD forgives me and can tell the difference of when I am being sincere and when my motive is false. I am grateful HE forgives my false motive and loves me enough to serve HIM in Spirit and truth.

 

  • Are you trying to impress people to get a large following?
  • Do you want to look good in front of people and are not concerned how you look in front of GOD?
  • Will you ask GOD to help you sincerely serve HIM and do what HE wants, especially when no one is looking?

No comments:

Post a Comment