Wednesday, June 30, 2021

All About Service

All About Service

1 Corinthians 7: Now, to the unmarried and to the widows I say that it would be better for you to continue to live alone as I do. But if you cannot restrain your desires, go ahead and marry—it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

 

============

 

“Let’s tryout for track” my friend said. My high school track career was not illustrious, but I went to the meeting anyway. “We will meet to run at 5:30 AM and then we practice in the evening” were the words of dedication I could not follow. I did not join the team and I felt pretty good that I didn’t./

 

  • There have been times when I knew I did not have the dedication to do something.
  • There have been times when I did not have the desire to be what a certain group wanted me to be.
  • There have been times when I chose to place my passions elsewhere.

 

Paul implies that single people can dedicate themselves to the LORD easier than married people. Marriage requires an additional person to think about and the ministry is always affected. His instruction is not about staying single versus getting married. He is simply pointing out to chose the level of service based on self-control. If sexual desire will get in the way of true service, it is better to get married.

 

  • GOD wants me to be dedicated to HIS service.
  • GOD wants me to choose HIS way or no other way.
  • GOD wants me to seek HIS Kingdom first, then HE will guide my desires.

 

It is all about GOD. I mean, all my decisions should be based on my ability to honestly serve the LORD. If I will “burn” with desire, it is better to not be in that ministry the way I am approaching it. I can still serve, but I must do it in a way that will not cause me to fall into sin. I am glad GOD accepts my service when I give it to HIM.

 

  • Are you trying to serve “your way” and find yourself “burning” to do it another way?
  • Do you see your complaints you are placing before the LORD?
  • Will you seek to adjust how you serve and allow GOD to accept you based on your real desires versus trying to force your service into some way you think you should be?

No comments:

Post a Comment