Monday, June 14, 2021

Taking it Seriously

Taking it Seriously

1 Corinthians 4: 18 Some of you have become proud because you have thought that I would not be coming to visit you. 19 If the Lord is willing, however, I will come to you soon, and then I will find out for myself the power which these proud people have, and not just what they say. 20 For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of words but of power. 21 Which do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in a spirit of love and gentleness?

 

============

 

“Do you know how to do this?” was the serious question the interviewer had for me. I was a programmer and he asked if I could show a heart beating on a screen during surgery. I had to say “No” because it was a life or death situation.

 

  • There have been many times when I had to take what I was doing seriously.
  • There have been times when I was not prepared for something a little more serious.
  • There have been times when I wanted the title without the responsibility.

 

Paul heard of people who were speaking nice words, but were doing it without the power associated with the Kingdom of GOD. He points out that it is not what is said, but the power attached to the words.

 

  • GOD wants me to take HIS Word seriously.
  • GOD wants me to live by HIS words, not just say them to look good in front of people.
  • GOD wants me to speak with authority because I live with authority.

 

Speaking about GOD needs to be taken seriously. I mean, it can be fashionable to post a scripture on my car, but it would be powerless if my driving is counter to the scripture. I am powerless when I use the phrase “Do as I say, not what I do.”

 

Fortunately for me, GOD is the power. I may make mistakes, but HIS power to forgive me gives me the authority to speak about HIM. I can say “JESUS forgave me for my sins” with all authority, because it points to HIM, not to me. There is nothing more serious than GOD’s kingdom. I am glad JESUS is my Savior. I take HIS Word of love seriously.

 

  • Are you posting scripture recklessly?
  • Do you take GOD’s name lightly?
  • Will you use GOD’s Word with the seriousness HE has revealed to you so you can speak with the authority needed to grow the Kingdom of GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment