Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Kitchen Inventory

Kitchen Inventory

1 Corinthians 5: It is not right for you to be proud! You know the saying, “A little bit of yeast makes the whole batch of dough rise.” You must remove the old yeast of sin so that you will be entirely pure. Then you will be like a new batch of dough without any yeast, as indeed I know you actually are. For our Passover Festival is ready, now that Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Let us celebrate our Passover, then, not with bread having the old yeast of sin and wickedness, but with the bread that has no yeast, the bread of purity and truth.

 

============

 

After making s delicious recipe, I stored the seldom used ingredients for another use. Everyone enjoyed the food and I felt a sense of delight that it came out as planned. Months later, I tried to recreate the recipe only to fail miserably. The ingredients had expired and the meal was just not the same.

 

  • There have been many times when I gained a strength as an ingredient.
  • There have been many times when I was “proud” of the strength and thought I had arrived.
  • There have been many times when the strength turned into a weakness because pride caused it to expire.

 

Paul addresses not only sexual sin, but just plain old sin. He tried to explain that no one should ever become “proud” of their own accomplishments relating sin. Just a little sin can ruin the entire body.

 

  • GOD wants me to take an inventory daily of my sin.
  • GOD wants me to know JESUS forgave all my sin.
  • GOD wants me to recognize I can still fall into sin even though I believe in JESUS.

 

“I will never do that again” has been said many times by me. I mean, when I am foolishly bargaining with GOD, I may quickly throw that statement out to “change GOD’s mind” and stop the trial. BUT GOD does not change, I do.

 

HE wants me to recognize when I am on a destructive path and get off the path. Old habits need to change and be replaced with new. But even that has danger as I may become proud of getting rid of an old habit. HE wants me to take an inventory daily and thank HIM for HIS forgiveness. I am glad HIS grace is sufficient.

 

  • Have you rid yourself of a certain sin and are proud of it?
  • Do you think you have arrived?
  • Will you take inventory of your sins daily and allow GOD’s forgiveness to rule so you can point to the true forgiver and release yourself of trying to be perfect today?

No comments:

Post a Comment