Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Who put you in charge?

 

Who put you in charge?

1 Corinthians 4: You should think of us as Christ's servants, who have been put in charge of God's secret truths. The one thing required of such servants is that they be faithful to their master. Now, I am not at all concerned about being judged by you or by any human standard; I don't even pass judgment on myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not prove that I am really innocent. The Lord is the one who passes judgment on me. So you should not pass judgment on anyone before the right time comes. Final judgment must wait until the Lord comes; he will bring to light the dark secrets and expose the hidden purposes of people's minds. And then all will receive from God the praise they deserve.

 

============

 

After I realized I was not living as I should, I started reading the Bible more and learning what it had to say. When I found a truth that I should live, I immediately told others. But one day someone said “Who put you in charge?” My approach was pretty harsh.

 

  • There have been times when I had the best intentions but my delivery was not the best.
  • There have been times when I wanted to help, but the way I helped seemed harsh.
  • There have been times when I thought I was serving when in reality I was judging.

 

Paul explains that anyone who speaks about JESUS, needs to be faithful. Judging someone else’s intentions is not the main goal and should be left to JESUS.

 

  • GOD wants me to be faithful to follow JESUS.
  • GOD wants me to be careful not to judge.
  • GOD wants me to keep my conscience clear, but know I am a sinner who need to be forgiven.

 

When GOD made me, HE wanted me to speak highly of JESUS. I believe everyone is made to do the same. But some will not. GOD chose to use humans to spread HIS Good News of JESUS being our Savior.

 

I can say this with a clear conscience, knowing all my actions will be judged. Some will be burned up and some will stay. I am glad GOD enables me to be dependable enough to speak HIS name.

 

  • Do you feel like falling away from CHRIST?
  • Are you judging someone today?
  • Will you remain faithful to GOD and follow HIS ways and drop any judgement you may have of others today?

No comments:

Post a Comment