Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Cultivating the Special Gift

Cultivating the Special Gift

1 Corinthians 7: I tell you this not as an order, but simply as a permission. Actually I would prefer that all of you were as I am; but each one has a special gift from God, one person this gift, another one that gift.

 

============

 

“Your sash has a lot of badges. You are special” the stranger from another country said to me regarding my scout uniform. I could not remember a time when a stranger recognized me as special. This felt great. It may have put me on a path I never knew I could be on.

 

  • There have been times when I have been praised and I did not know the effect.
  • There have been times when I have been recognized as special and I did not know what I did.
  • There have been times when I was noticed but I was not looking to be noticed.

 

Paul says something unique regarding people. He would rather everyone be like him, but sees the importance that everyone use their “special gift” for GOD.

 

  • GOD made me special and unique for HIS purpose.
  • GOD gave me a special gift that no one else has.
  • GOD wants me to use my special gift as often as I can.

 

Recognizing another person’s special gift is important. I mean, it is easy to recognize flaws in other people, BUT GOD wants me to recognize and cultivate another person’s special gift so they can be excited about serving GOD.

 

The enemy wants self-promotion, loneliness and doubt. GOD wants JESUS to be promoted, togetherness and courage in HIS power. HE wants us to work together to help one another use our “special gift” for HIM. I am glad GOD cares enough about me to give me a special gift.

 

  • Are you trying to be like someone else?
  • Do you not like who you are?
  • Will you recognize your special gift that has been given to you by GOD and use it for HIS purpose today?

No comments:

Post a Comment